With a Reverse Mortgage Loan you can use your HOME EQUITY to reduce financial stress and build a brighter future.
Confronting the Elephant in the Room
Let’s get this out of the way first: Reverse Mortgages are not a scam and they’re not designed to take your house, so let’s wipe clean that old stigma completely away. The truth is a Reverse Mortgage is an FHA/HUD insured loan that is a well regulated financial solution that for the right borrower, is a safe resource for meeting needs, improving lifestyle, and adding flexibility to your retirement plan.
Okay, but what’s the Catch?
There is no “catch” with a Reverse Mortgage. However, it’s important to remember that the proceeds are in the form of your Home Equity, and you are paying to access that cash. Like any other loan, the lender charges interest that accrues over time. Since no payments are required, the balance can grow and compound over time. When you eventually leave your Home, the balance will need to be repaid.
A Reverse Mortgage Loan is a “non-recourse” loan, meaning your Heirs are not responsible.
If you are 62+ and your Home is your principal residence, you may qualify whether your home is paid off or not. A Reverse Mortgage allows you to remain in your Home without Mortgage Payments PLUS the added benefit of an Equity Cash Withdrawal. You can take that cash in one lump sum, an equity line of credit, or a combination of both.
Just the Facts:
- You still own your home and are free to sell it at any time.
- You don’t need a Mortgage to qualify. You can own free and clear.
- You don’t have to have great credit. Reverse Mortgage is not based on FICO scores.
- There’s no monthly Mortgage payment with a Reverse Mortgage.
- Your Heirs aren’t responsible for debt if your house depreciates in value.
- You can use your Home Equity cash however you want.
- You can even use a Reverse Mortgage to purchase a new Home!
Get Closer to Your Homeownership Goals